I’m notorious for making my life as difficult as possible but not in the negative sense more in the way that I want to do as much as possible with relatively little time to do it in. Before I went away to Germany for a week I made a list of resolutions to try to make my life a little easier and a little more difficult all at the same time.
- Now that the flat is tidy, keep it that way. As a crafter my tiny nest quickly turns into chaos with stuff buried beneath mounds of material and paper.
- Get to work early so I can leave early therefor have more time in the evening to do stuff. As I am not a morning person and particularly partial to my bed this is a challenging one.
- Get into shape and lose some weight. I have started a health regime about a million times this year plus some of my clothes have become too snug for comfort so need to sort myself out!
- What less crap on TV and actually watch the DVDs and programmes I have saved up. This list is getting pretty extensive.
- Complete NaNoWriMo this year!
So I’m only on day two and so far I have managed to stick to the list, this is probably a record for me as usually I get distracted by something or other and forget the intended goals. The health regime is going good and after slightly over indulging on holiday on food I really shouldn’t eat am feeling better already although I probably reek of garlic but I do love it but maybe that’s the french genes in me. The TV hasn’t been switched on since I got back despite having an episode of Downton Abbey to watch (I do love a good period drama) and I have despite the yearning for an extra five minutes in bed have been getting up at 6 on the dot in the morning to get to work early, working on flexi time has its advantages which means I get to leave at 4pm and home before dark!
Today I started NaNoWriMo, I managed to tap out 2248 words which is not a bad start, the hard part is trying to fit writing in everyday no matter how small a word count. But we’ll see how it goes I have the other half standing behind me either gently encouraging me or under orders if I get too lazy to nag me or run off with the duvet if I refuse to get out of bed in the morning for work!
So I guess we’ll see how it goes